RESEARCH GRANTS/ AWARDS/RECOGNITIONS [ONLY 2015 UPWARDS]
1. Member, African Scientific Research and Innovation Council (ASRIC) Working Group to Study the Socioeconomic Impact of COVID-19 on Africa. ASRIC is a Specialised Technical Advisory Body to the African Union-Scientific, Technical and Research Commission (AU-STRC), September 2020.
2. Emerald Literati Awards for Excellence by Emerald Publishing as Distinguished Reviewer of the Year, November 2020
3. Member, Expert Panel Discussion on Africa’s Agriculture Revolution to 2040, October 2020-2021.
4. Grant for Research Linkage Programme from Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (with Dr Magdalene Silberberger, Witten/Herdecke University, Germany), July 2020-March 2023 [43,350 Euros].
5. Recognised as one of the 6 Youngest Professors Nigeria Ever Had, Opera News, May 2020.
6. Top 10 Downloaded Paper 2018-2019 Award, Wiley Publishers for ‘Bilateral Trade Performance in West Africa: A Gravity Model Estimation’ in African Development Review, April 2020.
7. Research grant on Tax Morale and Public Service Provision in Different States of Nigeria (with Belinda Archibong & Tom Moerenhout), International Centre of Tax and Development, UK, November 2019.
8. Appointed as Member of National Universities Commission (NUC) Panel for Universities Accreditation, since 2019
9. Research Grant, Large-Scale Land Acquisitions, Rural Change and Social Conflict (LARCC)’, award by GIGA (German Institute for Global and Area Studies), July 2019 [26,000 Euros].
10. Equipment Subsidy Grant, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, July 2019 [17,350 Euros].
11. Research Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH), at Faculty of Management & Economics, Witten/Herdecke University, Witten, Germany, July 2019 [9,450 Euros].
12. Overall Best Conference Paper Award, 1st International Conference on African Entrepreneurship & Innovation 2019, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK, June 2019.
13. Zenith Bank PLC’s Grant for RCE Ogun 2019 Activities, January 2019, [11,886,500 Naira].
14. African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)’s Collaborative Project on ‘Rethinking Regional Integration in Africa for Inclusive and Sustainable Development, November 2018 [USD 15,000].
15. Alexander von Humboldt Visiting Professor, at Faculty of Management & Economics, Witten/Herdecke University, Witten, Germany, under the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s ‘Renewed Research Stay Fellowship Programme’, August 2018 [9,450 Euros].
16. Member, Board of Directors, Covenant Microfinance Bank (CMFB) Limited, Ota, Nigeria, since July 2018
17. Research Grant, from the African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF)/National Institute for Legislative and Democratic Studies (NILDS) for a Research Project on Developing an African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) Country Strategy for Nigeria, June 2018 [USD 20,000]
18. Member, Board of Directors, African Finance & Economic Association (AFEA), since 2017.
19. Award of Excellence for Contribution towards Students’ Development and Advancement of Education in Nigeria, Nigerian Economics Students Association (NESA), March 2018.
20. Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA)’s 2017 Meaning-making Research Initiatives (MRI) Competition Award to carry out research project on ‘Large-scale Land Investments and (Un)Employment Questions in Africa: Quantitative and Qualitative Insights from Nigeria’, December 2017 [USD 30,000].
21. Appointed as the Director of Mentorship Programme, by the African Finance and Economic Association, October 2017-May 2020.
22. Lecturer of the Year, Nigerian Economics Students Association, April 2016.
23. Research Project with IFPRI on Cocoa & Maize Value Chain and Computation of Natural Rate of Protection for Nigeria, April- December 2016 [USD 5,000].
24. Research Project with DTT Farms on Background Study on Rice Production, Processing and Marketing in Ogun State, Nigeria, April – August 2016 [500,000 Naira].
25. Innovative Research Grant awarded by African Growth and Development Policy Modelling Consortium (AGRODEP)/International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), USA, April 2015 [USD 15,000]